GraphComment “missing comments” in WordPress troubleshooting guide
This tutorial assumes that you have already setup GraphComment, you’re logged into your WordPress admin area, and you’re logged into your GraphComment account.
1 – Are comments enabled site-wide?
By default, comments should be enabled in WordPress, but it’s possible they might have been disabled.
- Head over to your WordPress admin area
- Hover over “settings”
- Then click “discussion”
- Ensure the option to “Allow people to post comments on new articles” is ticked
If you don’t see a tick, click the tick box and scroll down to the bottom and click the “save changes” button.
#2 – Are comments enabled on specific posts?
When the entire GraphComment widget is missing, but only for specific posts, it’s usually because they’ve been turned off on those posts.
- Open up the post in the WordPress live editor
- Click the “screen options” drop down menu
- Tick “discussion” if it hasn’t been selected already
- Collapse the screen options menu by clicking the upward arrow
- Scroll down until you find the discussion section
- Tick the “allow comments” option if it hasn’t been ticked already
- Update the post to save any changes