This mode allows GraphComment to be transformed into a real "Chat" tool, intelligible and readable even with a large number of people.
It was created to be able to discuss in a real-time mode, where users exchange as in a Chat with messages that scroll as soon as they are posted. The goal is to meet a need to discuss around an event that is taking place such as a sports match, a conference, a live video, etc..
This "Live discussion" mode is an option that only the site editors can activate for a particular page.
When you are on a page with GraphComment logged in as a moderator or administrator of that site, by clicking on the sorting selector, you will see a checkbox with LIVE DISCUSSION. You can also enable or disable this mode in the PAGES tab of the GraphComment admin by clicking on the "LIVE" icon
Enabling Live discussion mode on this page will change the way users will view and react in the comments.
Here is the list of changes:
- Sorting will be set to "newest" for everyone on this page.
- If a new comment is posted, it will appear at the top of the stack with a "New Comment" label and a red line will show you the limit of comments you have not yet read.
- If a new reply to a comment is posted, then it will appear at the top of the stack with a "New Reply" label and the authors' nicknames.
- You can view the entire branch of the discussion in an enlarged Bubble Flow view as below, by clicking on the top right "enlarge" icon or on the nickname of the parent post.
- If you happen to be in the "sort by relevance" setting, then an alert block will appear above the stack of comments with a counter and link that will switch you to the "most recent" chronological sort and display the last comments you missed at the top of the stack.
- A colored dot will also appear on the counter at the top of the comment area to inform you that a new comment has been posted.
- Finally, on all new replies in the Bubble Flow, a colored dot will also appear directly on the new reply bubble that you had not yet read.
As you can see, with all these features, you won't miss any new message that arrives in real time and you can continue to follow the arrival of new replies even if they were deeper in a discussion branch.